What a great week it has been. But then again, every week is great during the summer when you are a teacher! Here are my top five favorite things from this week!
1. Paul works at as a retail manager and is often at work on the weekends. This past weekend, Paul was off on Sunday and Saturday and so we got to spend the weekend with my family at beautiful Lake Anna! It was so good to be home and just relax with all of my favorite people. We went boating on the lake with my aunt and uncle, and had a cookout with my parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. We also feasted my favorite food… blue crabs. They are messy and a lot of work to eat, but they are sooo worth the effort. Paul and I came home Sunday evening a little sunburnt, but feeling so relaxed and recharged, ready for the week ahead!
2. On Monday, I took a trip up to Potomac Mills to take my cousin shopping for her birthday. This shopping trip just happened to fall on the Fourth of July week so the outlets had amazing sales going on and I came home with a few great finds. The best part though, was jamming out in the car with Jenna to our favorite… Taylor Swift!
3. My best friend and favorite sister turned 22 this week and I am so proud of the woman she is growing into! She is working on getting her Masters degree in teaching from JMU and I can’t wait to go visit her next week!
4. One of my best friends came to visit me this week! We had a great time exploring Richmond and sight seeing all day Thursday. First we took a Riverfront Historic Canal Cruise, and then we took a trolly tour around the city. We ended our day with a bite to eat at the Urban Farmhouse Market and Cafe.
Later in the evening, after Paul had come home from work, we went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant, El Patron, down the road from our house. It just so happened that the owner of the restaurant was our next door neighbor! The service was good and the food was excellent. And no matter how many times we insisted on paying for the entire check, our meal ended up being almost free! The owner also sent out margaritas for us and they were about the size of my head!
It was a full and fun day and I enjoyed soaking in every minute of it!
5. I have spent a few days at Agecroft this week and I am finally getting into the swing of giving tours and I’m feeling comfortable with the whole process. This is becoming such a fun summer job for a history nerd like me!
How has your week been?!